You might be surprised to learn about just how rich and varied the spiritual community is along the Lakeside region. In fact, New York Times best-selling author, musician and spiritual teacher James Twyman says that Ajijic hosts some of the most dedicated spiritual communities in the world.
Many churches offer services in English each Sunday:
- San Andrés Catholic church in Ajijic has an English language mass 9 a.m.
- Saint Andrew’s Anglican Church, Calle San Lucas, Riberas del Pilar, 10 a.m.
- Lake Chapala Baptist Church: Sta Margarita 147 Riberas del Pilar, 11 a.m.
- Lakeside Presbyterian Church. San Jorge 250, Riberas del Pilar, 10 a.m.
- The nondenominational Little Chapel by the Lake on the highway in Chula Vista, 11 a.m.
- The New Apostolic Church, Roble 61, Chula Vista, 11 a.m.
- El Lago Community Church, Javier Mina 7, Ajijic, 11 a.m.
- The Lakeside Fellowship interdenominational congregation meets 1:30 p.m. at Saint Andrew’s.
The Lake Chapala Jewish Congregation: Santa Margarita 113, Riberas del Pilar, offers services in a mix of English and Hebrew, with Shabatt on Saturdays at 10 a.m.
Other spiritual centers and communities include:
- The Lake Chapala Center for Spiritual Living (Nicholas Bravo #17, Ajijic) is dedicated to helping individuals discover spiritual tools through classes and workshops. http://www.cslchapala.com.
- The Heart of Awareness Insight Meditation Community (Guadalupe Victoria 101, Ajijic) offers Buddhist-centered meditation opportunities and study groups, as well as various retreat and workshop experiences. https://heartofawareness.org/public/index.php
Namaste Lake Chapala (Angel Flores #5, Ajijic), founded by New York Times bestselling author James Twyman focuses on a variety of non-dualistic teachings including A Course In Miracles, Esoteric Christianity and Franciscan Spirituality. https://www.namastelakechapala.com