Full Spectrum Marketing
In today’s sophisticated real estate market, selling a home for the highest possible price requires a much more comprehensive approach to marketing – especially with the savvy buyers from North America who often have significant experience with both buying and selling.
Our full spectrum marketing approach will help you unlock the hidden value of your home, help us achieve the highest sales price in the shortest possible time, and ensure a smooth, hassle-free closing experience. Here’s our 10-point marketing approach to selling your home, and unlocking the true and sometimes hidden value of your property:
- Creating Your Home’s Sales Proposal
We start with a comprehensive review of your home – it’s architectural style, construction method, unique features, any improvements you made, location, and other recent comparable home sales in the immediate area. Beyond this, we know that no two homes are the same, or worth the same value, even if they might be similarly sized and right next door. To dig deeper, we’ll ask what you found appealing about the home, how and why you’ve enjoyed the lifestyle the home offers, and what kind of buyers you think would be most attracted to the home. This will help us develop a unique sales pitch – the “story” of your home, beyond just location and the home’s footprint. It will also help us identify the best possible match with prospective buyers in the market.
- “Staging” Your Home. Not everyone’s taste in color, furnishings or artwork is the same. As a general rule, less is more. We work with you to prepare your house for showings, to help it appeal to the widest possible audience. This usually includes de-cluttering and stashing away personal items like family portraits, to help prospective buyers most easily see themselves living there. When appropriate, we will also make suggestions about furniture arrangement, wall colors, and even landscaping in your yard – all with an eye toward creating maximum appeal. Of course it’s up to you to take any of our suggestions. However, we’ve often seen that with a relatively minimum amount of time, effort and expense, many homes sell more quickly and at a higher price which had previously been lingering on the market before we took over as the sellers’ agent.
- Photos and Video. For a start, our expert photographer will take exceptional and extensive photos of your property, and we’ll select the very best ones to showcase your home inside and out, in the most favorable light. In our experience, video has become more effective than static images – so we’ll also create a sales video of your home, set to music. These assets will be featured with your listing on:
- Our website
- Two Multiple Listings Services (MLS) – one lakeside and the other serving the massive Guadalajara market
- Our print and outdoor advertising
- Your home’s individual color sales flyer which we make widely available.
- Internet Marketing
The vast majority of home buyers depend on the internet to search for homes. Beyond visibility on our company website, your property listing with Ajijic Real Estate will receive significantly more online exposure among prospective buyers, because we’re among the few agencies in the region that pay to list your home on not only on the Chapala Multiple Service Listings (MLS) website (chapalamls.net), but also on Guadalajara’s massive real estate Multiple Service Listings website (https://chapalamls.net/member-offices/ajijic-real-estate) – so your home will be seen by those in the greater Guadalajara region who are increasingly looking to purchase vacation homes in the Lakeside area. Your home will also receive exposure on other real estate websites. An added benefit is that beyond just prospective buyers seeing your listing, a much wider range of real estate sales agents working with their clients who are looking to purchase, will be notified about your home.
- Printed Advertising
To ensure that our listings receive the widest level of visibility, we advertise them in a multiple page, full-color spread in each issue of Point South – the region’s only real estate listings publication which is widely distributed. We also advertise in various other publications, including advertisements for our Open House tours in the Guadalajara Reporter for added exposure, designed to drive attendance to these events.
- Outdoor and Direct Marketing. Our colorful and immediately recognizable sign on your lawn or home provides round-the-clock marketing. However, this is where many agencies stop and we begin. If you’ve spent any time walking through the heart of Ajijic, you’ll immediately notice the numerous framed wall posters we have hanging throughout the main business district, featuring our property listings. We’re the only area real estate firm with this unique and widespread outdoor visibility. We also produce a stand-alone, full-color print flyer for each of our house listings which is available at our office, during tours and at our Open House events.
- Open Houses
Your listing will receive attention through our Open House events, when we open your home to prospective buyers without the need for them to make an appointment. Your Ajijic Real Estate sale associate is present at each of these to explain your home’s unique features.
- Weekly Tours
Each Wednesday at 3:00pm we offer a complimentary tour of five of our house listings for prospective buyers. Each week we rotate available listings, giving your home added exposure.
- Private Tours. We also offer private home and neighborhood tours for serious buyers. We first meet with prospective buyers to discuss their interests, style of desired home, price range, desired neighborhood(s) and other factors. Once this has been established, we show them only homes that meet their interests. This way you’ll have vetted serious prospective buyers touring your home. This way we make sure that prospective buyers get to see your home.
- Regular Updates. We will keep you updated throughout the sales process, including our marketing efforts, the number of showings, tours and open houses, the number of prospective buyers who have toured the home, and their specific feedback. We’ll also keep you apprised of any changes in market conditions. All this information will help you better understand the market, and allow us to work together to shift marketing tactics, if necessary.